One of the most beautiful things to me is instant photos. There is something magical about the perfect imperfections they portray. They are also wonderful when you want a unique way to display your most treasured photos. I started a collection of polaroid cameras back in my early days of high school and they are so special to me. I recently received an instax mini as well, which I've grown quite fond.
Here's a way to create your most loved photos into faux instant photos. I certainly couldn't expect everyone to own photo shop, so I wanted to find a free editing software that would do the trick for a simple project such as this. Before beginning this project you will need to install Picasa, a free editing software powered by Google. Once you've installed it onto your computer follow these steps....
1. Upload photos onto Picasa. We chose some of our favorite beach photos from our trip to El Salvador.
2. Go to "Collage".
3. Choose the border that resembles a polaroid.
4. Create more!
5. Arrange them in a suitable manner for printing so that they do not overlap one another.
6. Print it! For best results use photo copy paper or thick card stock.
7. Once it's printed, carefully cut out each photo.
All done! Now, I know this never beats the real thing, but it's a quirky little way to show off your favorite memories, don't you think? :]Find a pretty wall to display them in your home. We have all of our favorite instax photos lined 5 x 5 with a big gold frame around them. What are some of the ways you display your instant photos? I would love to hear! xx